This year, McEnearney is sponsoring this wonderful event and worthwhile cause. This is a cause that is very close to our hearts.
The Annual Loudoun Lyme 5K will drive awareness and raise money to help find a cure for Lyme disease - the number one tick-borne illness in the United States. The Loudoun Lyme 5K will also feature a 1M fun run, children’s activities as well as an information fair to educate the public about Lyme disease, its causes, symptoms and treatments.
When: Sunday, May 19, 2013
Where: Loudoun Valley High School
340 North Maple Ave.
Purcellville, VA 20132
8:00 AM start
- Kick-off ceremony to include local politicians
- Family-friendly and fun event
- Timed 5K and untimed 1M fun run
- Learn interesting facts about Lyme disease throughout the course
- Safe and organized course on paved road and trail; varied topography
- Children’s activities: games, cotton candy, snow cones
- DJ and music
- Information fair – health professionals and specialists, county officials, veterinarians, local vendors – open from 7:00 to 11:00 a.m.
13 years and older
$30 up until May 14th
$35 – day of event
Children 12 and younger
$15 – up until May 14th
$20 – day of event
- All paying participants receive a t-shirt; 12 & younger to include a goodie bag*
- Free admission to information fair to participants, families, and friends
On-line registration will close on Tuesday, May 14th.
Packet Pick-Up on Friday, May 17th, from 12:00 to 7:00 p.m. at:
DryHome Roofing & Siding
45921 Maries Road, Suite 100
Sterling, VA 20166
Event day registration and packet pick-up begins at 6:00 a.m.
*Cannot guarantee t-shirt size and/or goodie bag for event-day registrants.
The Beneficiary of the Event
The National Capital Lyme Disease Association is committed to helping patients diagnosed with tick-borne infections through education, support, and review of public policies concerning these diseases. NatCapLyme encourages individuals to advocate for themselves in their goal to regain their health. The organization offers regular patient support group meetings throughout Virginia, information, speakers, and news updates on legislative and scientific developments. NatCapLyme educates government policy makers and legislators on Lyme & tick-borne diseases and raises funds to support Lyme research.
NatCapLyme is designated as a 501(c) (3) organization by the Internal Revenue Service; your donation is tax deductible.
All net proceeds will go directly to NatCapLyme and will be used to educate the public and physicians about symptoms, diagnosis, treatments and methods of prevention.
For more info, click here.